HOCKEY: Nat’ll do nicely as Dodson leads Huntingdon Ladies on a goal charge while there are a hat-trick of hat-tricks from St Ives players
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Ladies 1sts scored more goals last Saturday afternoon than they had managed in the first six matches of the season.
They produced a double-figures destruction of bottom side Wisbech 3rds when roaring to a 17-0 success in Division Three North-West of the East Women’s League.
Natalie Dodson hit four of the goals while Jess Homans and Sarah Chadband both claimed hat-tricks.
Chloe Cundick struck twice with Rebekah Bell, Jacqui O’Neill, Laura Porter, Pam Begg and Cora Davies also getting in on the act.
Captain Helen Clarke hit a hat-trick as St Ives Ladies 1sts slayed a set of Dragons.
Clarke’s haul ensured the locals came from behind to record a 3-1 victory over Norwich opponents in Division One North.
But the St Ives side were also reliant on a series of fine saves from Ness Brown on a day when they failed to truly fire.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 7 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
Ellie Burgess’ brace kept St Ives 2nds in Division Three North-West title contention. She hit both goals in a 2-0 triumph against Horncastle, but the 3rds suffered only a second slip-up of the season when going down 4-0 to Cambridge Nomads 2nds in Division Four North-West (South).
Three St Ives sides highlighted their promotion claims in the East Men’s League with emphatic successes last Saturday.
Mike Jenner hit a hat-trick as 1sts slammed bottom side Wisbech 2nds in Division Three North-West.
Steve Gibson hit his first goal since returning to the club while Alex Prestage, Pete Liddle and Dave Land also found the net.
There was also a treble in the 2nds’ 9-3 trouncing of Bourne Deeping 3rds in Division Four North-West.
Peter Young was the player to score three times in that game, while Cam Seton bagged a brace. Tim Jones, Sam Helme, Mike Boyle and Mike England also netted for a team sitting joint top in the standings.
And the 4ths climbed to the top of Division Six North-West (South) by triumphing in the first all-St Ives showdown of the season at that level.
Langton Takawira and Thomas King-Venables hit two goals apiece and Matt Jago was also on target in a 5-1 victory against the club’s 5ths.
St Ives 3rds lost 2-1 to March Town 2nds in Division Five North-West despite a Rob Brand strike.