HOCKEY: Ladies lead the way on a Saturday to savour for St Neots
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Ladies demonstrated their strength in depth as four teams contributed to a clean sweep across two different leagues last Saturday.
Captain Alice Wright, Kelly Bingham and Annie Cerveno were the goalscorers as the 1sts saw off Wisbech 2nds 3-1 in Division Two North-West of the East Women’s League.
And the club’s 3rds romped to an 8-0 triumph against their Ely City equivalents in Division Four North-West (South). Jay Dickenson led the onslaught with half of the goals and Claire Piper struck twice, while Sally Jex and Chris Deeks completed the scoring.
And the other female St Neots sides were just as effective in Five Counties League action.
Sue Glover bagged a brace as the 2nds eased past St Albans 5ths, with Debbie Bamber notching the other goal in a 3-1 success.
You may also want to watch:
And the 4ths continued their terrific start to life in their debut Division Five campaign. Niamh Gaynor and Charlie Churms extended their perfect start to four matches as they climbed to the top of the table by beating Berkhamsted Hemel 4ths 2-0.
And the St Neots men’s ranks were also only one result away from a perfect set of their own.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
The blot on the East Men’s League copybook came from the 1sts, who surrendered their 100 per cent start to the Division Three North-West season when going down to a solitary goal against Bourne Deeping 2nds.
There was no shortage of goals elsewhere as the 2nds thumped Bourne Deeping 3rds 6-1 in Division Four North-West thanks to a Pete Taine hat-trick, Danny Stevenson double and Ben Grant goal.
The 3rds bashed City of Peterborough 8ths 5-1 courtesy of five different goalscorers to continue their climb of the Division Five North-West standings.
Kevin Sequenza, Paul Ray, Steve Moore, Chris Slatcher and Gareth Thomas all found the net.
The biggest win of all arrived in Division Six North-West (South) as the 4ths swept to the summit following a 9-0 drubbing of Saffron Walden 8ths. Danny Rowland-Cox and Sean Sanderson scored four times apiece, with Phil Gilllett also striking.
The 5ths beat Kettering 3rds at the same level by a more modest 2-0 scoreline. Phil Sergeant and Philip Gentles were the men behind it.