Hockey: Emma sets the pace for leaders
St Neots Ladies 1st XI 6 Broxbourne Ladies 1 ST NEOTS overcame Broxbourne on Saturday to retain their place at the top of Division One of the Five Counties Women s Hockey League. Some strong attacking by St Neots early on brought a short corner, from whic
St Neots Ladies 1st XI 6 Broxbourne Ladies 1
ST NEOTS overcame Broxbourne on Saturday to retain their place at the top of Division One of the Five Counties Women's Hockey League.
Some strong attacking by St Neots early on brought a short corner, from which Emma Stocking found the net.
Further attacks from the league leaders gave Stocking her hat-trick before Broxbourne, who are currently in second place, managed to score in the second half.
Goals from Sarah Moore, Sam Bradbury and Liz Turnbull ended Broxbourne's hopes of a win, however.
St Neots Ladies 2nd XI 4 St Albans 4th XI 2
- 1 Eight Huntingdon children handed anti-social behaviour interventions
- 2 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 3 Meet the Sassy Lassies cycling group encouraging women in Huntingdonshire to ride
- 4 Suspected case of bird flu in swan reported to DEFRA
- 5 7 of the most beautiful churches in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Police check home of 101-year-old animal rights patron for stolen beagles
- 7 Site cleared after 'grenade' prompts alarm
- 8 Part of The Busway set for weekend closure with diversions near St Ives
- 9 New homes plan for Huntingdonshire village
- 10 A "determined" Huntingdon man takes on Everest after a double lung transplant
AN impressive performance by St Neots saw them take on and beat the leaders of Division Four of the Five Counties Women's Hockey League.
Despite the visitors taking the lead early on, Hannah Taylor took advantage of a poor St Albans clearance to equalise. Then good attacking play brought a goal for Corinne Henson off a shot by Fiona Humphrey.
In the second half Taylor scored her second before Amy Wilkinson put the game out of reach with another.
St Albans scored a consolation goal in the dying seconds.