Hockey: Emma sets the pace for leaders
St Neots Ladies 1st XI 6 Broxbourne Ladies 1 ST NEOTS overcame Broxbourne on Saturday to retain their place at the top of Division One of the Five Counties Women s Hockey League. Some strong attacking by St Neots early on brought a short corner, from whic
St Neots Ladies 1st XI 6 Broxbourne Ladies 1
ST NEOTS overcame Broxbourne on Saturday to retain their place at the top of Division One of the Five Counties Women's Hockey League.
Some strong attacking by St Neots early on brought a short corner, from which Emma Stocking found the net.
Further attacks from the league leaders gave Stocking her hat-trick before Broxbourne, who are currently in second place, managed to score in the second half.
Goals from Sarah Moore, Sam Bradbury and Liz Turnbull ended Broxbourne's hopes of a win, however.
St Neots Ladies 2nd XI 4 St Albans 4th XI 2
- 1 'Leaning' Christmas tree in St Neots is removed
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 4 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald
- 7 Christmas markets and events happening in Huntingdonshire in the next two weeks
- 8 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 9 Wood Farm has become 'rodent heaven' says Anne Marie
- 10 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
AN impressive performance by St Neots saw them take on and beat the leaders of Division Four of the Five Counties Women's Hockey League.
Despite the visitors taking the lead early on, Hannah Taylor took advantage of a poor St Albans clearance to equalise. Then good attacking play brought a goal for Corinne Henson off a shot by Fiona Humphrey.
In the second half Taylor scored her second before Amy Wilkinson put the game out of reach with another.
St Albans scored a consolation goal in the dying seconds.