Hinchingbrooke School pupils shine with successes at the Cambridgeshire Schools’ Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two Hinchingbrooke School pupils were successful at the Cambridgeshire Schools’ Cross-Country Championships.
Isabelle Wilkins was victorious in the Minor Girls race at the event at King’s College in Ely while Ashley Quince triumphed in the Minor Boys category.
Both runners will now represent Cambridgeshire in the Anglian Schools’ Championships in Boston, Lincolnshire on February 6.
They will be joined by several members of Hunts Athletic Club who also performed impressively when representing their schools.
Shannon Flockhart struck gold in the Junior Girls race while Joey Croft took third in the Intermediate Boys contest.
You may also want to watch:
Angel Lyden (Minor Girls), Poppy Lyons (Minor Girls), Conall McGinness (Junior Girls), Nicole Covell (Intermediate Girls), Jodie Vuylsteke (Intermediate Girls), Polly Smith (Senior Girls) and Chloe Wilson (Senior Girls) will also advance to the Anglian event after finishing in the top 15 of their races at Ely.
Marcus Downhill, Katie Wright, Katie Lawrence and Lucy Waller have been named as Cambs reserves.
- 1 Hinchingbrooke planning to expand critical care as Covid cases rise
- 2 Godmanchester Rapist is jailed for 15 years
- 3 Vaccine programme in St Ives and Warboys to start this week
- 4 Flood warnings issued as police receive multiple calls
- 5 Man rescued from car stuck in Tilbrook flooding
- 6 GP surgeries in Huntingdon and Papworth start vaccine roll-out
- 7 Man guilty of murdering partner's baby son
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 All UK adults to be offered Covid vaccine by September, says Government
- 10 St Neots entrepreneur to host 24-hour ‘Speak Up’ event