Hinchingbrooke School pupils shine with successes at the Cambridgeshire Schools’ Cross-Country Championships
- Credit: Archant
Two Hinchingbrooke School pupils were successful at the Cambridgeshire Schools’ Cross-Country Championships.
Isabelle Wilkins was victorious in the Minor Girls race at the event at King’s College in Ely while Ashley Quince triumphed in the Minor Boys category.
Both runners will now represent Cambridgeshire in the Anglian Schools’ Championships in Boston, Lincolnshire on February 6.
They will be joined by several members of Hunts Athletic Club who also performed impressively when representing their schools.
Shannon Flockhart struck gold in the Junior Girls race while Joey Croft took third in the Intermediate Boys contest.
You may also want to watch:
Angel Lyden (Minor Girls), Poppy Lyons (Minor Girls), Conall McGinness (Junior Girls), Nicole Covell (Intermediate Girls), Jodie Vuylsteke (Intermediate Girls), Polly Smith (Senior Girls) and Chloe Wilson (Senior Girls) will also advance to the Anglian event after finishing in the top 15 of their races at Ely.
Marcus Downhill, Katie Wright, Katie Lawrence and Lucy Waller have been named as Cambs reserves.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 6 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 9 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 10 Thousands of families tipped on to universal credit due to Covid-19