Hinchingbrooke and Sawtry win schools silverware
HINCHINGBROOKE SCHOOL and Sawtry Community College picked up silverware at the first ever Emerging Schools Rugby finals tournament at Ely RFC. Hinchingbrooke School s Year 9 boys were crowned shield winners with Sawtry Community College claiming the Year
HINCHINGBROOKE SCHOOL and Sawtry Community College picked up silverware at the first ever Emerging Schools Rugby finals tournament at Ely RFC.
Hinchingbrooke School's Year 9 boys were crowned shield winners with Sawtry Community College claiming the Year 8 boys' trophy. They will both progress to the Eastern Counties and Regional finals, to be held on March 11 and 26.
Jennifer Sothmann, organiser of the county finals, said: "It was such a great day,
with so many schools and pupils having the opportunity to participate with the potential to represent the county at the next two rounds.
You may also want to watch:
"Thanks must be given to the schools for their help and support, to Ely RFC for hosting the event and to the RFU.
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 5 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives