Higher-level clubs looking to swoop for Eynesbury Rovers aces
- Credit: Archant
Manager Mark Ducket has revealed his Eynesbury Rovers players are in demand.
United Counties League champions AFC Kempston Rovers, and higher-level sides Bedford Town and Arlesey Town, are attempting to raid talent from Hall Road.
Full-back Elliott Bentley, central defender James Ducket, midfielder Tom Coles and winger Daril Ngwala are the sought-after players.
Ducket, pictured, said: “It is no surprise to me that higher-level teams are trying to sign our players. I expected it would happen, but I’m certainly hoping the lads will stick around at Eynesbury.
“I want to be able to build on the progress we made last season rather than have to rebuild the team.
You may also want to watch:
“I’d like to add five players to the squad to give us the depth and competition we’ll need to push on again. A goalkeeper and a striker are the priority and hopefully we’ll be in a position to agree some deals soon.”
Ducket held talks with chairman Matt Plumb last week and revealed further discussions will be necessary to finalise the club’s playing budget.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Ducket is keen to ensure he will have the necessary resources to continue the club’s fine progress since his appointment last December when Rovers were 18th in the Premier Division.
He guided them to a sixth-placed finish and into the final of the Hunts Senior Cup where they lost to higher-level St Ives Town.