High fives all round as St Neots men complete a clean sweep
- Credit: Archant
St Neots toasted a weekend to savour as their five men’s teams enjoyed a clean sweep of successes.
Iain Moor, Garth Mooney, Phil Johns, Ant Holmes and man-of-the-match Bradley Forsdick fired the 1sts to a 5-0 victory at local rivals St Ives 2nds in Division Three North-West of the East Men’s League.
It was a triumph which lifted them up to third place in the standings ahead of a showdown against unbeaten table-toppers Cambridge South this Saturday.
The 2nds went three points clear at the top of Division Five North-West with a 7-0 drubbing of Cambridge South 4ths while their other three teams were all victorious in Division Six North-West (South).
The 3rds beat Ely 3rds 2-1 to remain a place behind the 4ths, who won 3-1 at St Ives 5ths.
You may also want to watch:
And there was a pleasing successive for a young 5ths side, made up mostly of development players, as City of Peterborough 9ths were blown away 6-1.
St Neots Ladies 1sts were impressive winners as a Sue Glover hat-trick inspired a 6-0 victory over bottom side Lincoln Lindum 2nds in Division Two North-West of the East Women’s League.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 4 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
Amy Wilkinson, Mary Owen and Emma Ritchie joined Glover on the scoresheet while a clean sheet left them in possession of the best defensive record in the division.
The Ladies 3rds were also successful as they won at Ely 2nds in Division Four North-West (South).
They fell behind early on, but two Jay Dickenson goals and an Ali McMurray strike secured a 3-1 victory.
The Ladies 2nds were the only St Neots side to taste defeat last weekend. They went down 2-0 to Chiltern 2nds after a battling display in Division Three of the Five Counties League.