Higgs scores hat-trick in superb St Ives debut

St Ives Town FC v Uxbridge

St Ives Town FC v Uxbridge - Credit: Archant

Debutants Jack Higgs and Ryan Ingrey sank 10-men Uxbridge in a thriller at the ProEdge Stadium on Non-League Day.

The visitors were looking particularly dangerous from set pieces and on 17 minutes a Wayne Carter corner was won in the air by Mark Dennison, but his goal-bound header was headed away by Lambert.

Another set piece saw the Reds take the lead on 21 minutes as a foul on Chris Moore by Lambert 25 yards from goal resulted in a well-placed free-kick by Carter which dipped over the wall and beat Lawrence on his near post.

The equaliser came on 33 minutes when Seymour-Shove was brought down by Dennison 25 yards out and Higgs opened his account by curling his free kick low around the wall to beat Pickford at his near post.

Only four minutes later and the Ives were in front as Seymour-Shove won the ball in midfield and fed in Stead. His powerful shot was blocked by Dennison but Higgs was following up and gleefully fired home the loose ball from just inside the box.

The game was tur ned on its head shortly after half-time. On 52 minutes Lewis Cole fed in the dangerous Woods and although his initial effort was well blocked by Lambert, the ball ran loose to Logon who made no mistake from 12 yards to bring the Reds level.

They followed this up by going in front only four minutes later as Moore played the ball wide to Logon, whose driven cross was turned in at close-range by the unmarked Cole.

Most Read

The Ives were struggling to get back into the game, but manager Ricky Marheineke once again pulled off a master stroke, bringing on Jimmy Dean and Stuart on 67 minutes. Five minutes after coming on Eason was put through by Ingrey after good work by Seymour-Shove.

As he entered the box Eason was brought down by Otira, the referee pointed to the spot and produced a red card for Otira.

Higgs fired home the spot-kick for his hat-trick and level the game.

Two minutes later and the comeback was complete as a foul on Eason wide on the left led to a free-kick. Seymour-Shove swung the ball into the box, three Ives players went for it at the back post with Dean winning the ball and heading it back into the middle, where Ingrey firmly headed home from six yards.