Her Majesty set to have a runner at Huntingdon Racecourse
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Racecourse’s next meeting could come complete with a royal flavour.
The Queen is set to have a rare runner at the local track on Friday.
Top trainer Nicky Henderson says Her Majesty’s chaser Special Agent, who won at Ascot last year, is likely to line up in the Alconbury Handicap Chase at 2.10pm.
The seven-year-old would be only the second jumps runner for The Queen in the current National Hunt season, who tends to have considerably more Flat runners.
Huntingdon Racecourse general manager Sian Williams said: “The Queen is one of horse racing’s greatest supporters and it would be marvellous to see one of her horses running here on Friday.”
You may also want to watch:
A seven-race card starts at 1pm on Friday with the feature race being the three mile, one furlong Pertemps Network Handicap Hurdle - a qualifier for the Pertemps Final at the Cheltenham Festival.
Advance tickets are priced at £13.50 for adults and are available from http://huntingdon.thejockeyclub.co.uk or by calling 0844 579 3007. Accompanied children are admitted free.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 6 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k