Hemingford side just miss out in major final
- Credit: Archant
Hemingford Black Under 10s were pipped by a solitary goal in the final of a major tournament last weekend.
The local lads, who play in the Hunts Mini-Soccer League, lined up in the ESF Festival of Football at the Butlin’s resort in Skegness.
They powered through to the final of an event which attracted teams from across the country, losing 1-0 to Newcastle Benfield.
The Hemingford side, managed by Ed Shepherd and James Gosling, had previously been unbeaten in the group stage - winning three of their five matches and drawing the other two..
They then saw off Ackworth 1-0 in the semi-finals before missing out on the trophy in a tight final.
You may also want to watch:
Hemingford Black Under 10 squad, pictured left with former England international Danny Murphy and ex-England Ladies star Sue Smith, are George Shepherd, Alfie Shepherd, Korben Morris, Jenson Gosling, Jake Taylor-Maggs, Josh Tomlinson, Thomas White, Charlie Sellick.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 8 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
- 9 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester