Hemingford side just miss out in major final
- Credit: Archant
Hemingford Black Under 10s were pipped by a solitary goal in the final of a major tournament last weekend.
The local lads, who play in the Hunts Mini-Soccer League, lined up in the ESF Festival of Football at the Butlin’s resort in Skegness.
They powered through to the final of an event which attracted teams from across the country, losing 1-0 to Newcastle Benfield.
The Hemingford side, managed by Ed Shepherd and James Gosling, had previously been unbeaten in the group stage - winning three of their five matches and drawing the other two..
They then saw off Ackworth 1-0 in the semi-finals before missing out on the trophy in a tight final.
Hemingford Black Under 10 squad, pictured left with former England international Danny Murphy and ex-England Ladies star Sue Smith, are George Shepherd, Alfie Shepherd, Korben Morris, Jenson Gosling, Jake Taylor-Maggs, Josh Tomlinson, Thomas White, Charlie Sellick.
- 1 Evidence of Huntingdon's past revealed during excavations
- 2 BID's new Huntingdon town manager
- 3 Bypass and junction improvements preferred plan for St Ives
- 4 Camp Beagle protestor has charges against him dropped
- 5 St Neots man in court on drugs charges
- 6 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 7 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 8 Plumbing ringleader who ‘traded under multiple names’ jailed
- 9 Anglian Water seeks funding to secure the future of an ancient Sea Monster
- 10 Former Wisbech mayor Aigars Balsevics charged with rape