Hat-trick of hat-tricks for Godmanchester Rovers hitman while St Neots Town hit traffic trouble

James Hall hit his third hat-trick of the season for Godmanchester Rovers.

James Hall hit his third hat-trick of the season for Godmanchester Rovers. - Credit: Archant

James Hall completed a personal hat-trick of hat-tricks as Godmanchester remained within a point of the top of the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division.

Hall struck an early opener, doubled Rovers’ lead before the break and converted a second-half penalty to secure his third treble of the season in a 5-1 success over Ipswich Wanderers at the David Wilson Homes Ground.

Luke Seaber-Shinn and Austen Diaper joined Hall on the scoresheet in another high-scoring success for the promotion chasers.

A nightmare journey was followed by a pleasing result for St Neots Town.

David Batch’s side did not arrive at Hungerford for a Southern League Premier Division clash until 15 minutes after the scheduled 3pm kick-off time after hitting heavy traffic on route due to an accident.

The match in Berkshire eventually kicked off 50 minutes late and the two sides shared six goals in a 3-3 draw.

Defender Jamie Anton thumped in a late leveller for Saints after a Tom Meechan penalty and Mat Mitchel-King header had earlier wiped out a two-goal deficit.

Most Read

Stuart Eason hit an equaliser as St Ives Town drew 1-1 with Godalming in Southern League Division One (Central).

The sides exchanged goals in quick succession in the second period as Eason’s 79th minute leveller arrived seven minutes after they had fallen behind.

Huntingdon suffered late heartbreak in their bid to collect their first United Counties League Premier Division points of the season.

Town went down 4-2 to Harborough at Jubilee Park after conceding twice in the final six minutes.

They had earlier hauled themselves level on two occasions courtesy of a Jamie Waterworth penalty in the final minute of the first half and a Jack Jefferson strike midway through the second period.

Eynesbury crashed to a 3-1 home defeat at the hands of Sileby Rangers. Captain Tom Coles hit Rovers’ consolation goal at Hall Road with 10 minutes to go.

A brace of Kelvin Osei-Addo goals was not enough to help St Neots Town Saints avoid another United Counties League Division One defeat.