ROWING: Another record-breaking Sudbury Regatta success for St Ives duo
- Credit: Archant
Successful St Ives Rowing Club duo Sam Hasted and Rory Crouch enjoyed a record-breaking triumph last weekend.
The Junior 15 double sculls duo claimed victory at the Sudbury Regatta in the fastest time ever recorded on the 650m River Stour course.
Their two minutes, 20 seconds performance in the final earned a five-length victory over opponents Broxbourne RC.
It’s not the first time they’ve set a new record at this event – two years ago they won the Junior 13 event in two minutes, 47 seconds when rowing together for the first time.
The latest success came in Hasted and Crouch’s final outing in the Junior 15 category as they now move up to Junior 16 level.
You may also want to watch:
They have enjoyed another terrific summer of regatta action with the highlight being a silver medal at the British Junior Championships last month.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 Drink driver arrested in Brampton for being four times over the legal limit
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity