Hall ""so proud"" as St Ives claim a point
UCL Premier Division Northampton Spencer 0 St Ives Town 0 DESPITE being down to 11 fit players and with both joint managers acting as emergency substitutes, Saints produced a magnificent defensive display to earn a point. Saints set out to stifle their f
UCL Premier Division
Northampton Spencer 0 St Ives Town 0
DESPITE being down to 11 fit players and with both joint managers acting as emergency substitutes, Saints produced a magnificent defensive display to earn a point.
Saints set out to stifle their free-scoring opponents and did the job magnificently - the back line standing up superbly to keep Saints in seventh position.
Joint manager Jez Hall said: "Given the circumstances, that performance was probably the best in my five years at the club.
"We were down to 11 but all the lads were magnificent and thankfully neither myself or Warren [Everdell] had to go on as we were both ill on the sidelines."
- 1 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 2 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 3 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 A1 set for night-time and weekend closures until August
- 6 Vehicle caught fire on A1 near St Neots
- 7 A lost wedding photo uncovers a heartbreaking story
- 8 Community invited to Paxfest and to get tails wagging at the Fun Dog Show
- 9 Opposition group to fight plans for new homes in village
- 10 Police searching for missing man discover body
Meanwhile, St Ives Reserves had an excellent win in the Scott Gatty Cup, beating Yaxley 1-0, who had defeated Saints in last year's final.
Saints dominated the play and capitalised in the second half when Ian King finished off a good team move with a fine volley. Callum Mackay was named man of the match and Saints now face a semi-final tie against Fletton Reserves in February.
St Ives' first team welcome struggling Yaxley to Westwood Road on Saturday and face a trip to Stewarts & Lloyds Corby next Tuesday.