Hall applauds champions Neots
They were just too good, admits Ives joint-boss
ST IVES TOWN joint boss Jez Hall paid tribute to “worthy winners” St Neots who beat his side 4-1 in front of a bumper 800-plus crowd at the Hunts Post Community Stadium on Monday to be crowned UCL champions.
“They are worthy champions and the league table doesn’t lie - fair play to them,” said Hall.
“It’s very difficult to keep their dangerous forward players quiet for 90 minutes.
“Other teams have weaknesses - where as they don‘t - and have got a squad they can utilise with one quality player coming in for another at any given time, that’s the difference.”
You may also want to watch:
The two sides meet again in the Hunts Senior Cup final at Huntingdon Town FC on Monday (3pm) and Hall is still hopeful his side can pull off a shock.
He said: “The game will be played on a smaller pitch and it’s a different situation as it won’t be in front of their home supporters.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 9 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
“We’ll give it our best shot and, if we can tighten up a bit as a team and not leave ourselves open, then we’ve got every chance in the final.”