CRICKET: Defeats sandwich a win during a busy spell for Hunts Under 12s
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 12s have had a busy spell of cricket.
The local lads suffered a seven-wicket defeat at the hands of Norfolk last Sunday despite a half-century from Divyeash Vaseeharan.
He was responsible for 50 of Hunts’ tally of 166-7 in 40 overs with Mark Austin (25), Jack Hodgson (21) and Oliver Parncutt (20) also managing solid scores.
But Norfolk cruised to victory with 16 overs to spare as Parncutt, Daniel Wells and James Bennett claimed the only wickets to fall.
Hunts were also beaten at home by London Schools recently, going down by 84 runs at Eaton Socon when falling for 175 in pursuit of the visitors’ offering of 259-3.
You may also want to watch:
But Hunts gained revenge in the return clash when prevailing by 18 runs after successfully defending a score of 148.
Captain Luke Ashwell (49) and Jairus Charles (3-29) were the key performers with bat and ball.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 5 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan