CRICKET: Defeats sandwich a win during a busy spell for Hunts Under 12s
- Credit: Archant
Hunts Under 12s have had a busy spell of cricket.
The local lads suffered a seven-wicket defeat at the hands of Norfolk last Sunday despite a half-century from Divyeash Vaseeharan.
He was responsible for 50 of Hunts’ tally of 166-7 in 40 overs with Mark Austin (25), Jack Hodgson (21) and Oliver Parncutt (20) also managing solid scores.
But Norfolk cruised to victory with 16 overs to spare as Parncutt, Daniel Wells and James Bennett claimed the only wickets to fall.
Hunts were also beaten at home by London Schools recently, going down by 84 runs at Eaton Socon when falling for 175 in pursuit of the visitors’ offering of 259-3.
But Hunts gained revenge in the return clash when prevailing by 18 runs after successfully defending a score of 148.
Captain Luke Ashwell (49) and Jairus Charles (3-29) were the key performers with bat and ball.
- 1 Missing woman back home
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 4 Huntingdon man due in court on drug charges
- 5 Read the fascinating history of The Old Bridge Hotel
- 6 Jail for Huntingdon man who threatened to kill woman
- 7 New bus service launched to serve Hunts villages
- 8 Man who died on A1 at Sawtry is named
- 9 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told