RUGBY: St Neots youngsters rack up a half-century in high-scoring success
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Under 14s brought the curtain down on their first competitive East Midlands Cup campaign with a high-scoring success.
The young Saints racked up a half-century of points as they beat Ely 55-5 last Sunday with captain Jack Wilkie providing the first of five first-half tries.
Centre Bradley Young was the next player to touch down and he completed his brace after his side weathered a spell of Ely pressure.
Wilkie then matched that feat before Archie Ray finished a flowing move in the corner – and Saints continued to show their class in the second half.
Adam Watling added two further tries with Tom Hagger also getting in on the act before Ely claimed a consolation.
But Saints saved the best until last with a 15-player move being finished by Jake Sheppard.
Watling kicked three conversions for Saints with man-of-the-match Young adding the extras on two occasions.
- 1 Outdoor inflatable water park returns to Huntingdonshire
- 2 Jail for man who boasted he was the St Ives 'weed man'
- 3 Woman has 'medical episode' during A1(M) crash
- 4 Huntingdon and Peterborough hospitals bring back masks after rise in Covid numbers
- 5 13-year-old helped to rescue distressed paddleboarders
- 6 Police searching for missing man discover body
- 7 Thousands come together at RAF Wyton for Armed Forces Day
- 8 Man fined £300 after being linked to fly-tipping
- 9 John Major's 'bad luck' comment is 'absolutely disgraceful' says son of victim
- 10 Two-day closure set for B661 between Great Staughton and Grafham Water
St Neots Under 14 squad: Adam Arnold, George Baxter, Keane Fielding, Alfie Flattley, Fraser Gunn, Tom Hagger, Coby Jim-Huttley, Dylan Leach, Jack Oddy, Jake Parker, Archie Ray, Taylan Sheik, Jake Sheppard, Isaac Silverthorne, Gabriel Smith, Nathan Sweeney, Ben Tilley, Adam Watling, Jack Wilkie, Bradley Young.