RUGBY: St Neots youngsters rack up a half-century in high-scoring success
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Under 14s brought the curtain down on their first competitive East Midlands Cup campaign with a high-scoring success.
The young Saints racked up a half-century of points as they beat Ely 55-5 last Sunday with captain Jack Wilkie providing the first of five first-half tries.
Centre Bradley Young was the next player to touch down and he completed his brace after his side weathered a spell of Ely pressure.
Wilkie then matched that feat before Archie Ray finished a flowing move in the corner – and Saints continued to show their class in the second half.
Adam Watling added two further tries with Tom Hagger also getting in on the act before Ely claimed a consolation.
You may also want to watch:
But Saints saved the best until last with a 15-player move being finished by Jake Sheppard.
Watling kicked three conversions for Saints with man-of-the-match Young adding the extras on two occasions.
- 1 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 2 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
St Neots Under 14 squad: Adam Arnold, George Baxter, Keane Fielding, Alfie Flattley, Fraser Gunn, Tom Hagger, Coby Jim-Huttley, Dylan Leach, Jack Oddy, Jake Parker, Archie Ray, Taylan Sheik, Jake Sheppard, Isaac Silverthorne, Gabriel Smith, Nathan Sweeney, Ben Tilley, Adam Watling, Jack Wilkie, Bradley Young.