RUGBY: St Neots youngsters rack up a half-century in high-scoring success
- Credit: Archant
St Neots Under 14s brought the curtain down on their first competitive East Midlands Cup campaign with a high-scoring success.
The young Saints racked up a half-century of points as they beat Ely 55-5 last Sunday with captain Jack Wilkie providing the first of five first-half tries.
Centre Bradley Young was the next player to touch down and he completed his brace after his side weathered a spell of Ely pressure.
Wilkie then matched that feat before Archie Ray finished a flowing move in the corner – and Saints continued to show their class in the second half.
Adam Watling added two further tries with Tom Hagger also getting in on the act before Ely claimed a consolation.
But Saints saved the best until last with a 15-player move being finished by Jake Sheppard.
Watling kicked three conversions for Saints with man-of-the-match Young adding the extras on two occasions.
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 3 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 5 Huntingdon bookshop gets share of £2m online profits
- 6 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 7 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 8 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 9 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 10 Will Young talks about handcuffing himself to the Camp Beagle gates
St Neots Under 14 squad: Adam Arnold, George Baxter, Keane Fielding, Alfie Flattley, Fraser Gunn, Tom Hagger, Coby Jim-Huttley, Dylan Leach, Jack Oddy, Jake Parker, Archie Ray, Taylan Sheik, Jake Sheppard, Isaac Silverthorne, Gabriel Smith, Nathan Sweeney, Ben Tilley, Adam Watling, Jack Wilkie, Bradley Young.