GYMNASTICS: Young Scott rises to the Challenge in great style
- Credit: Archant
Budding Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talent Sol Scott starred at the recent Pipers Vale Challenge.
Scott collected four medals in the Under 10 age group of a high-class event in Ipswich.
He took bronze in the all-around competition after a fine showing across six pieces of apparatus.
Scott also captured gold on the parallel bars, claimed silver on the vault and added another bronze to his collection on the pommel horse.
Two other Huntingdon prospects took part in the event. Charlie Newman completed his routines cleanly in the Under 10 category during his first major competition.
You may also want to watch:
And Jaden Coleman achieved a top-30 finish in a strong Under 9 catgeory which featured almost 90 gymnasts.
Coach Steve Davison said: “I am very pleased with the performances of all three boys.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 6 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 7 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
“They are gaining experience and skill which can only benefit them as they take part in future competitions.”