GYMNASTICS: Terrific Huntingdon trio rise to the Challenge to earn British Championship places
- Credit: Archant
A talented trio of Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talents booked their places at the British Championships.
Twelve year-olds Teegan Milligan, Saffron Belfon and Emilyse Birch all qualified when performing well at the British Challenge Cup event at Surrey Sports Park last weekend.
Milligan collected top spot in the all-around competition at Espoir level with a total score of 47.150. Belfon was fourth with a 46.050 effort and Birch took fifth in 46.000. A 45.000 score is the qualification mark.
Milligan also earned a bronze medal in the vault final and just missed out on another when fourth on the bars. Birch was fifth on floor and sixth on bars.
The British Championships are held at the same venue in early December.
Teegan Barnes was another Huntingdon Gymnastics Club medal-winner at the British Challenge Cup.
The 15 year-old took bronze in the floor final. She also finished in the top 20 of the all-around standings. Clubmate Takara Sides (14) also competed.
- 1 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 2 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 3 Fire Crews called to a blaze that started in a flat in St Ives
- 4 St Ives man undergoes pioneering heart treatment
- 5 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 6 Hundreds gather to see Santa on The Quay in St Ives
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 9 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 10 Thousands more homes set for Alconbury Weald