GYMNASTICS: Team and individual honours for Huntingdon starlets
- Credit: Archant
Rising Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talent Asia-Li Pink claimed team and individual medals at a major event last weekend.
The nine year-old was part of the East Region team which triumphed in the British Age Group Voluntary Championships, staged in Guildford.
Pink was also rewarded for her class and consistency across four pieces of apparatus with an individual silver medal.
She achieved a total score of 50.1 in an event which featured 50 of the best gymnasts in her country at that age.
Pinks’ clubmate Leda Rehus was part of a medal-winning team as well.
You may also want to watch:
She finished in a creditable 14th position out of 45 performers at Under 10 level, but her contribution helped the East Region to silver medals in that section.
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club head coach Rosie McDonnell said: “Both girls produced good performances. They were a credit to the club as well as the region.”
- 1 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 10 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives