GYMNASTICS: Stack of medals for Huntingdon talents at regional level
- Credit: Archant
Some of Huntingdon Gymnastics Club’s hottest prospects were collected 20 medals at the recent regional voluntary championships.
Sol Scott (Under 10) and Ryan Cirino (Under 14) captured all-around glory at the event in Ipswich. They won a total of 13 medals between them – 10 gold, two silver and one bronze – in individual apparatus competitions.
Kieron Burch was second to Cirino overall. He also gained two bronze medals and one silver in apparatus finals.
Josh Papworth also featured in that category and won bronze on the pommel horse, while Bradley Cooper earned a high-bar bronze in the Under 12 section.
Gabriel Bell, Sunny Mayo and Fynn Bartlett all competed well in the development competition.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club coach Ben Howells said: “We are very proud of the boys’ achievements and look forward to more success in the future.”
Benji Eyre won a silver medal when representing Wales in an international event in Scotland. The 19 year-old is chasing Commonwealth Games selection.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home