GYMNASTICS: Stack of medals for Huntingdon talents at regional level
- Credit: Archant
Some of Huntingdon Gymnastics Club’s hottest prospects were collected 20 medals at the recent regional voluntary championships.
Sol Scott (Under 10) and Ryan Cirino (Under 14) captured all-around glory at the event in Ipswich. They won a total of 13 medals between them – 10 gold, two silver and one bronze – in individual apparatus competitions.
Kieron Burch was second to Cirino overall. He also gained two bronze medals and one silver in apparatus finals.
Josh Papworth also featured in that category and won bronze on the pommel horse, while Bradley Cooper earned a high-bar bronze in the Under 12 section.
Gabriel Bell, Sunny Mayo and Fynn Bartlett all competed well in the development competition.
You may also want to watch:
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club coach Ben Howells said: “We are very proud of the boys’ achievements and look forward to more success in the future.”
Benji Eyre won a silver medal when representing Wales in an international event in Scotland. The 19 year-old is chasing Commonwealth Games selection.
- 1 Body discovered in Hartford believed to be missing Nathan
- 2 Car crashes into safety barriers as driver flees scene
- 3 Mayor launches digital campaign to improve St Ives road network
- 4 Burglars used paving slabs and sledge hammers to smash into homes
- 5 Hemingford Abbots launched 'fantastic scheme' during pandemic
- 6 Bonito Platito Coffee & Co opens in Hemingford Grey
- 7 Landmark A14 viaduct demolition is captured on camera
- 8 What does 'being wealthy' mean?
- 9 Paedophile offered 'naked massages' to undercover police officer
- 10 Police appeal to trace missing Huntingdon man