GYMNASTICS: Six medals for Jake Jarman as he warms up for Great Britain adventure
- Credit: Garry Bowden/SIPPA
Jake Jarman warmed up for a major international assignment with a stack of medals.
The Huntingdon Gymnastics Club ace is off to represent Great Britain in the Japan Junior International this weekend.
He’ll head to the Far East high on confidence after taking overall silver and picking up five further apparatus medals in the Under 18 section of the London Open Championships.
Jarman was one of seven Huntingdon talents to compete in that event last weekend. Harry O’Driscoll also performed well in the Under 18 section with a personal best total of 67.368pts.
Ryan Cirino bagged a bronze medal on the high bar in the Under 14 section. He also finished 10th overall with clubmates Kieron Burch (9th), Niall Hooton (13th) and Joshua Papworth (15th) also impressing in a field of 31 gymnasts
You may also want to watch:
“This was a good start to the season for the Huntingdon boys, and bodes well for a busy spell of competition,” said Huntingdon Gymnastics Club head boys’ coach, Ben Howells.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 8 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 9 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment