GYMNASTICS: Medal success for Jarman on the European stage
- Credit: Garry Bowden/SIPPA
Hot Huntingdon Gymnastics Club prospect Jake Jarman has helped Great Britain to a major medal.
The 15 year-old was part of the team which claimed silver at the European Youth Olympic Festival, in Hungary, earlier this week.
Jarman, joined by Jamie Lewis and Pavel Karnejenko, helped Great Britain to a total score of 159.000 from their six pieces of apparatus in the city of Gyor.
That earned them second spot behind winners Russia (161.450) with Switzerland taking bronze on 158.450.
“It’s been hard, but to win a medal is a great achievement,” said Peterborough-based Jarman, the current British Under 16 champion.
“It’s a tough competition and the standard of gymnastics has been really strong.
“Everyone definitely upped their game and it feels great to have won a medal as one of the youngest gymnasts taking part.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 8 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 9 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 10 Newly elected mayor and deputy mayor of St Neots announced
Jarman has also qualified for the individual final, which is taking place today and tomorrow.