GYMNASTICS: Medal success and England call-ups for the Huntingdon Gymnastics Club girls
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club enjoyed medal success at the British Team Championships.
Their quartet of Emilyse Birch (11), Teegan Milligan (12), Saffron Belfon (12) and Teegan Barnes (15) earned bronze at the event in Guildford.
They finished third out of 15 of the leading club teams in the country, with Nottingham taking gold and City of Manchester grabbing silver.
Milligan also starred in solo competition an individual all-around silver medal after impressing across four pieces of apparatus.
She has been selected to represent England along with clubmate Lottie Smith in the Rushmoor Rosebowl next month.
You may also want to watch:
It is a prestigious international event at Camberley, in Surrey.
Smith (16) has been selected for her country in the past, but it will be a new experience for Milligan.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 Moving day for Black Cat Radio