GYMNASTICS: Great Britain glory and regional medal bonanza for the bright Huntingdon talents
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talents collected medals at international and regional levels last weekend.
Jake Jarman was a member of the Great Britain squad which won a four-way match against Germany, Switzerland and France in Belfast.
The 15 year-old added an individual silver medal on the vault to his overall gold and coach, Ben Howells, said: “Jake’s composure to maintain steady and focused training to perform at this level is a credit to him.”
There was also plenty of success for members of the club’s junior elite boys squad in a regional voluntary competition in Ipswich.
Sol Scott starred in the Under 10 section, winning seven medals – three silver and four bronze - in his first event at this level.
You may also want to watch:
Ryan Cirino (silver) and Kieron Burch (bronze) both collected all-around medals at Under 12 level with Niall Hooton (sixth), Bradley Cooper (seventh) and Josh Papworth (ninth) also performing well.
There was an individual apparatus double for Burch as he triumphed on the floor and the pommel before also adding another silver medal to his collection on the pommel.
- 1 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 4 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 5 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 6 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Aggressive and controlling partner jailed
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
Cirino also struck gold on the high bar and collected further bronze medals on pommel and rings, Papworth earned silver on rings and a bronze on the vault, and Cooper took silver on vault.