GYMNASTICS: Glorious run continues for Huntingdon talent Jake Jarman with English medals
- Credit: Archant
Huntingdon Gymnastics Club talent Jake Jarman has completed a major event hat-trick.
The 15-year-old captured the all-around British title at Under 16 level last month. He then followed up with Welsh Open honours at the beginning of April.
And Jarman continued his wave of success when starring at the English Championships last weekend. He collected the overall title in the Under 16 age bracket while also collecting gold on floor and pommel horse, and silver on high bar.
Coach Ben Howells said: “Hard work and dedication always pay off – and Jake is now being rewarded for that. He is to be commended for the way he is able to maintain focus and we now look forward to building new and more difficult routines during the next few months.”
Other Huntingdon Gymnastics Club members were in action in the English Championships.
You may also want to watch:
Bradley Cooper (11), Kieron Burch (12), Ryan Cirino (12), Josh Papworth (12), Niall Hooton (12), Harry O’Driscoll (17) and Tony Duchars (19) all performed well.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 10 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity