Guy Jolly heading to Birmingham for the final of the Brisca V8 Hotstox World Championship
GUY Jolly, Huntingdon’s 22-year-old stockcar racer, will drive in the Brisca V8 Hotstox World Championship final at the Birmingham Wheels Raceway on Saturday.
Jolly qualified for the race after a successful season of racing around the country and reaching ‘star’ status after finishing first at one event along with various second and third place finshes.
Jolly will start the race on row nine, in a field of 30 cars, from almost 60 drivers that have competed in the competition throughout the year.
The one-off final race will be over 25 laps and Jolly is hoping for a top ten finish.
“I am hopeful of a top 10 finish but a win may be asking too much starting at 19th on the grid,” said Jolly. “Only time will tell.”
You may also want to watch:
“I have thank my family, team and sponsors for their support this season,” he added.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes