Green’s geared up for a title challenge
ST Neots driver Simon Green continued his impressive form in the Ford Saloon Car Championship. He managed two second places from rounds five and six at Pembrey last weekend. In the first race, Green, 24, qualified just behind Class C leader Rob Wells bef
ST Neots driver Simon Green continued his impressive form in the Ford Saloon Car Championship.
He managed two second places from rounds five and six at Pembrey last weekend.
In the first race, Green, 24, qualified just behind Class C leader Rob Wells before tailing him for the first few laps.
Green was not able to overtake Wells but was pulling away from third-in-class Roger Wilkins before electrical problems caused his MK3 Fiesta to cut out.
You may also want to watch:
Once restarted, Green chased down and overtook Wilkins to finish second in his class and ninth overall.
Green lined up behind Wells again for the race on Sunday, nearly overtaking him after a good start.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 6 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 7 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
- 8 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house
- 9 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages
- 10 Huntingdon drug dealer caught with cannabis
Green and Wells exchanged fastest lap times for the duration of the race, with Green again coming second after 20 minutes of racing.
After missing rounds three and four because of budget restrictions, Green had dropped to third in his Class Championship after previously leading it.
However, his drives at the weekend pushed him up to second.
A delighted Green said: "To get two second-place trophies after missing two rounds is great, and with the new parts I'll have ready for the car by the next round I hope to be challenging for top spot in Class C."
Green's next outing will be at Donnington Park on May 27.