Great weekend at Brands Hatch for Huntingdonshire motorcyclist Jon Railton to stretch winning run to four races
- Credit: Archant
Motorbike racer Jonathan Railton made it four wins from four in the 848 Cup with two victories at Brands Hatch over the weekend.
The results mean Railton now lies 16 points off the overall 899 championship lead.
A fourth place in race one on Saturday was his best result of the season against the 889 machines and he followed this with a sixth place finish in race two.
“The Brands Hatch GP circuit is one of my favourites,” said Railton.
“I was looking forward to getting back there on the 848.
You may also want to watch:
“This was also a key round of the championship as it was at a circuit I had raced at previously on the 848 so I knew the potential the bike had.
“Overall it was a positive weekend and progress is being made. “My main goal still remains to win races overall ahead of the 899 Pangiale’s.”
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 5 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 10 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge