Ivan enjoys great mirror carp catch in Earith, as Green gets good rewards too
- Credit: Archant
Lots of anglers are still out on the banks, especially since the weather has settled, with many enjoying some great catches.
Ivan Woodrow has continued his good form, landing a beautiful mirror carp of just over 20lbs from a local syndicate water in Earith.
Harry Green has also continued his success with many great captures whilst fishing the margins at Earith Carp Lakes.
Pre-baiting some margin spots with a few handfuls of bait and waiting for the right moment has paid dividends for Green, whilst using his reliable Sticky Baits Manilla.
Simon Irvine has been having a great time fishing the rivers and drains in Cambridgeshire, first venturing to the River Nene and catching a lovely Barbel on free lined meat.
You may also want to watch:
Trying several different pegs in a short session to locate the fish proved a great tactic for Irvine, who then went to a local Fenland drain to try and target large rudd.
Armed with a loaf of bread as bait it was not long before he landed a beautiful fish of just over 2lb.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
The Fenland drains are a great place to coarse fish now, especially if you enjoy catching big rudd, tench and bream.
Anglers are welcome to call into the St Ives tackle store for more details of what has been going on in the area, with staff more than happy to help.
A spokesman said: “We are now open to the public to come in and browse with social distancing guidelines in place. It has been great to see all our customers face to face again and thank everyone for their support in these difficult times.
“Hopefully, we continue to see many anglers smiling again with their latest catches!”
If you would like any more info on the fishing available in the area, then call and speak to staff on 01480 468196. Alternatively check out their website www.stivestackle.co.uk.