TRAMPOLINING: Top Rotations talents earn Great Britain and England selection
- Credit: Archant
Two top Huntingdon trampolining talents are jumping for joy after receiving international recognition.
Carys Verdicchio has been handed a coveted place on the Great Britain Development Squad. The 12 year-old prospect is the only gymnast from the East region to make the cut.
And fellow Rotations Trampoline Club rising star Evie Joseph, is one of only 10 hot prospects from across the country to be selected for the England squad.
The two girls attended a profile day at the National Sports Centre at Lilleshall in December after impressing at major events – such as the English Championships and British Championships – in the last couple of years and they were recently notified of their selections.
Rotations head coach Sonia Verdicchio said: “Every member, coach and parent connected to Rotations is immensely proud of both girls and it’s a huge honour for the club to have two of our gymnasts recognised in this way.
You may also want to watch:
“It shows that we can produce gymnasts of high quality who can go on to represent their country.
“Hopefully plenty of others will follow in the footsteps of Carys and Evie in the future. We have a junior elite program involving a lot of talented young gymnasts.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
The call-ups are reward for several years of hard work and fine progress for the Rotations duo.
Verdicchio, a pupil at St Peter’s School in Huntingdon, took up trampolining at the age of six. Joseph, who attends Comberton Village College, took up the sport when seven.
Rotations, which was previously known as St Ivo Trampoline Club, has been operating for more than 20 years.
The club, based at Cirrus Court in Huntingdon, currently boast 150 members of all abilities and hold classes six days of the week.
They also provide play sessions for pre-school children.