Graham powers Rovers over line
UCL Division One Thrapston Town 1 Eynesbury Rovers 4 SPIRITED Eynesbury kept to their managers pledge of playing entertaining football with a fine win at Thrapston. Three first-half goals set them on the way to victory and although the hosts fought back
UCL Division One
Thrapston Town 1 Eynesbury Rovers 4
SPIRITED Eynesbury kept to their managers' pledge of playing entertaining football with a fine win at Thrapston.
Three first-half goals set them on the way to victory and although the hosts fought back after the break, they rarely threatened Danny Workman in the visitors' goal.
Rovers attacked from the start and within a minute Jamie Graham shot straight at the goalkeeper before Dwayne Rankin shot narrowly wide.
Dan Wood headed over the bar before Eynesbury took an overdue 23rd-minute lead when Jamie Graham played in Rankin.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 3 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 4 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 5 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 6 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 7 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
- 8 Councillors vote to continue school transport for special needs schools
- 9 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
Thrapston pulled a goal back three minutes later through a dubious penalty but Eynesbury were soon back on top.
A long Workman clearance was flicked on by the head of Rankin for Graham to slot the ball home and two minutes before the break Brett Bellamy rounded the goalkeeper before rolling the ball into an unguarded net.
Town stepped up a gear after the break but never created any clear-cut opportunities and Rovers extended their lead through substitute Dave Goodall on 73 minutes.
n Eynesbury face Burton Park Wanderers at Hall Road on Saturday.