Graham double earns Huntingdon win
UCL Division One --- Buckingham Town 1-2 Huntingdon Town --- JAMIE Graham s double took Huntingdon Town to the three points with a 2-1 win at Buckingham Town in UCL Division One. The home side took the lead on six minutes through Simon King, but the gam
UCL Division One ---
Buckingham Town 1-2 Huntingdon Town ---
JAMIE Graham's double took Huntingdon Town to the three points with a 2-1 win at Buckingham Town in UCL Division One.
The home side took the lead on six minutes through Simon King, but the game seemed to turn when Huntingdon keeper Dave Beeny saved a Buckingham penalty.
You may also want to watch:
Graham equalised 10 minutes before half-time and fired the winner on 65 minutes, with the woodwork denying him his hat-trick.
The win took Huntingdon Town into eighth place in the league, and left Buckingham fourth from the foot of the table.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 8 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 9 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
Huntingdon Town boss Al Lenihan said: "It was a decent win for us. Jamie is probably the top striker in the division, and if it had been for him and Dave Beeny this season, we would have been struggling. The two of them have been outstanding all year.
"We need to keep our levels up until the end of the season, because if we win our remaining games we can finish in the top six - that's what we set out to do at the beginning of this season.
"It's difficult to get players motivated as the season winds down, but at least we have something to play for.