Golfing brothers get a helping hand
ST Neots Golf Club brothers Alastair and Connor Haynes, who regularly feature on the leaderboard, can now set their sights even higher thanks to the support of Kier Group, a construction, property and service group based in Bedfordshire.
Alastair, 17, who plays off a handicap of five, and Connor, 16, who has a handicap of four, live in Tilbrook, and have both been playing the game for five years.
Now key junior players at St Neots they also members of the Cambridge County under-18s and -16 squads and aftern play as a pair in County foursomes.
Recently Connor won the St Neots Junior Championship and the Men’s Championship in a thrilling play-off to become the youngest ever winner in the club’s history.
Also, at this year’s annual Ian Poulter Junior Invitational international golf competition at Woburn, he collected the third nett and longest drive on the day prizes.
Kier chief executive Paul Sheffield is delighted to link up with the talented duo.
“We are pleased to be helping the boys further improve their game and wish them every success for the future.”
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
The company is financially supporting the boys through an annual training programme designed by their coach Paul Ashwell at Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire.
Ashwell is one of the UK’s top coaches and trains the English Golf Union National Squad and County squad players.