Golfing brothers get a helping hand
ST Neots Golf Club brothers Alastair and Connor Haynes, who regularly feature on the leaderboard, can now set their sights even higher thanks to the support of Kier Group, a construction, property and service group based in Bedfordshire.
Alastair, 17, who plays off a handicap of five, and Connor, 16, who has a handicap of four, live in Tilbrook, and have both been playing the game for five years.
Now key junior players at St Neots they also members of the Cambridge County under-18s and -16 squads and aftern play as a pair in County foursomes.
Recently Connor won the St Neots Junior Championship and the Men’s Championship in a thrilling play-off to become the youngest ever winner in the club’s history.
Also, at this year’s annual Ian Poulter Junior Invitational international golf competition at Woburn, he collected the third nett and longest drive on the day prizes.
You may also want to watch:
Kier chief executive Paul Sheffield is delighted to link up with the talented duo.
“We are pleased to be helping the boys further improve their game and wish them every success for the future.”
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 10 Man dies after single-car crash near Godmanchester
The company is financially supporting the boys through an annual training programme designed by their coach Paul Ashwell at Wyboston Lakes in Bedfordshire.
Ashwell is one of the UK’s top coaches and trains the English Golf Union National Squad and County squad players.