Golfers get back on course at Wyboston Lakes
- Credit: PA
As soon as Cambridgeshire golfers heard that Wyboston Lakes golf course was reopening this week after seven weeks in lockdown, they urgently logged onto its online booking site.
As a result, in just a few hours the course had sold almost all tee times this week and many next week as well, with website visits on Monday and Tuesday being 653 per cent above recent levels.
Linden Beattie, Hotel General Manager, saidL “It’s very exciting to be able to welcome our golfers back to Wyboston Lakes Resort.
“There are a few things that will be different and some areas that we need the player’ help with and strict guidelines are in place for the safety of all.”
As well as strict social distancing, golfers can only play on their own, as a two-ball with one individual from a different household, or as a two, three or four-ball only with members of their own household.
You may also want to watch:
Beattie added: “During the period of closure and the fine weather our grounds team have been diligent in keeping the course and the grounds looking beautiful.
“They’re certainly ready for golfers to let loose their swings and their frustrations after so many weeks of lockdown.”
- 1 Driver of fully laden HGV who failed breath test 'couldn't stand up unaided'
- 2 Super slimmer who lost one third of her body weight crowned woman of year
- 3 It's snowing! Send us your snow photos
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Hunts police called to 'numerous breaches' of covid regulations
- 6 Complaints as elderly people wait in freezing conditions for vaccine
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 Two weeks left to respond to proposed flight path over Huntingdonshire
- 9 Pair jailed after drugs and cash worth £184k seized in 'peaceful' village
- 10 Villagers call for action after 'worst floods in years'
The guidelines for safe golf are explained at wybostonlakes.co.uk/golf.aspx.