GOLF: Success for Longsands Academy in Cambridgeshire County Schools’ Championships
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Golf Club was the stage for the Cambridgeshire County Schools’ Championships last week.
The event attracted 51 entries from 26 different schools around the county and there was local success courtesy of Longsands Academy, from St Neots.
Their team of Max Bicknell, Jake Gough and Jess Sporle won the Handicap Trophy. They will now be invited to compete in the national team finals at Woodhall Spa, in Lincolnshire, this summer.
Hills Road Sixth Form College – James McLaughlin, Jade Guest and Cameron Nixon – won the overall team trophy with Oliver Brunt (Perse School) taking the boys’ title. Alfie Guy-Pinkney (Soham Village Colle) was the Under 16 boys’ champion.
Guest (Hills Road Sixth Form College) captured the girls’ crown with Jade Roberts – from Peterborough school Ken Stimpson – taking Under 16 honours.
Longsands Academy pupil Bicknell completed a personal double with the overall boys’ net crown, while Jake Plumb (Impington Village College) took the Under 16 prize.
Roberts (Ken Stimpson) and Lucy Pepper (Stephen Perse) won the overall and Under 16 girls’ net honours respectively.
- 1 St Neots Street Food Fest promises to be "bigger and better"
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 4 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
- 5 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 6 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 7 Public meeting to discuss Luton aircraft stacking system
- 8 Plans to demolish barn and create organic food business
- 9 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 10 St Neots business raises £2700 for Ukrainians in Huntingdonshire
Individual winners and runners-up now go forward to the South East Regional Championship or, in the case of Under 16s, the National Finals.