GOLF: Success for Longsands Academy in Cambridgeshire County Schools’ Championships
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Golf Club was the stage for the Cambridgeshire County Schools’ Championships last week.
The event attracted 51 entries from 26 different schools around the county and there was local success courtesy of Longsands Academy, from St Neots.
Their team of Max Bicknell, Jake Gough and Jess Sporle won the Handicap Trophy. They will now be invited to compete in the national team finals at Woodhall Spa, in Lincolnshire, this summer.
Hills Road Sixth Form College – James McLaughlin, Jade Guest and Cameron Nixon – won the overall team trophy with Oliver Brunt (Perse School) taking the boys’ title. Alfie Guy-Pinkney (Soham Village Colle) was the Under 16 boys’ champion.
Guest (Hills Road Sixth Form College) captured the girls’ crown with Jade Roberts – from Peterborough school Ken Stimpson – taking Under 16 honours.
You may also want to watch:
Longsands Academy pupil Bicknell completed a personal double with the overall boys’ net crown, while Jake Plumb (Impington Village College) took the Under 16 prize.
Roberts (Ken Stimpson) and Lucy Pepper (Stephen Perse) won the overall and Under 16 girls’ net honours respectively.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 3 Pedestrian seriously injured in Papworth bypass crash near St Ives
- 4 Uninsured driver caught in Ramsey speeding up to 100mph
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 8 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
Individual winners and runners-up now go forward to the South East Regional Championship or, in the case of Under 16s, the National Finals.