GOLF: New member Michelle samples Swan Salver success at St Ives
- Credit: Archant
New member Michelle Grubb-Moore didn’t take long to make her mark at St Ives (Hunts) GC.
Grubb-Moore’s first ladies trophy competition ended in success as she lifted the Swan Salver.
A 38-point score was enough for a comfortable victory in the 18-hole Stableford competition.
Julie Walter took second spot with 34 points while lady captain Trish Whittamore was third on 32 points.
The Swan Salver event was launched seven years ago to mark the club’s move from Westwood Road to the current site off Needingworth Road.
Whittamore was in winning form herself a few days earlier when capturing the President’s Trophy.
A net 73 earned her a two-shot victory with Celia Greenaway (net 75) in second on countback from Walter, who also managed a net 75.
- 1 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 2 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 3 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 4 White roses and political history in Huntingdonshire
- 5 80th birthday celebrations for the East's longest-serving lollipop lady
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 8 Beer from Lidl and vegan chocolates among items recalled over safety fears
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
The President’s Trophy was presented to the club by it’s only lady president to date, Di Cook, 20 years ago.