GOLF: New member Michelle samples Swan Salver success at St Ives
- Credit: Archant
New member Michelle Grubb-Moore didn’t take long to make her mark at St Ives (Hunts) GC.
Grubb-Moore’s first ladies trophy competition ended in success as she lifted the Swan Salver.
A 38-point score was enough for a comfortable victory in the 18-hole Stableford competition.
Julie Walter took second spot with 34 points while lady captain Trish Whittamore was third on 32 points.
The Swan Salver event was launched seven years ago to mark the club’s move from Westwood Road to the current site off Needingworth Road.
You may also want to watch:
Whittamore was in winning form herself a few days earlier when capturing the President’s Trophy.
A net 73 earned her a two-shot victory with Celia Greenaway (net 75) in second on countback from Walter, who also managed a net 75.
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 6 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 7 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 10 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
The President’s Trophy was presented to the club by it’s only lady president to date, Di Cook, 20 years ago.