GOLF: Former St Ives lady captain Paula set for county post
- Credit: Archant
St Ives (Hunts) Golf Club member Paula Ewing has been selected for one of the leading positions in the county.
Ewing will take over as Cambs & Hunts Ladies County Golf Association captain later this year. The 58 year-old is to succeed current skipper Marcella Tuttle when she retires in November.
Ewing, who plays off a handicap of nine, has been a member at St Ives for around 15 years and served as the club’s lady captain in 2015. She is the owner of Optimum Beauty Salon in the town.
Thirty female golfers took to the St Ives fairways recently to battle for the President’s Putter – a prize donated by Di Cook, the only lady to serve as club president.
Nicky Cope triumphed with a 35-point tally in the Stableford event. Nicky Hastings was runner-up on 34 points with Lynn Townsend third on 33.
Other recent ladies section results from St Ives (Hunts) Golf Club . . .
Johnson Cup: 1 Marie Woodall net 74, 2 Trish Whittamore net 75, 3 Claire Pendle net 78.
- 1 Rocks thrown at St Neots school building in vandal attack
- 2 All aboard! St Neots father and son to tackle London underground for charity
- 3 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 4 Improved Ofsted rating for village primary school
- 5 Social club can extend opening hours as 'no evidence' of problems
- 6 Godmanchester tearoom supporting adults with learning disabilities celebrates
- 7 Police called to reports of violence in Huntingdon
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Cyclist left with serious injuries after bus collision in St Ives
- 10 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
Coronation Foursomes: 1 Kathy Cooper/Steff Allan 30pts, 2 Trish Whittamore/Marie Woodall 29pts, 3 Nicky Cope/Lol Lewis 26pts.
Jubilee Cup: 1 Nicky Cope 73pts, 2 Trish Whittamore 78pts, 3 Lol Lewis 81pts.
April Monthly Medal: Division One – 1 Lol Lewis net 70. Division Two – 1 Claire Pendle net 74. Division Three – 1 June Rowland net 83.