GOLF: Dramatic success as Brampton Park ladies capture county crown
- Credit: Archant
Brampton Park lifted the Grace Norman Trophy - following drama on the final hole of the final match.
Ann Norman sank a crucial putt to clinch victory against The Links in the Cambs & Hunts Ladies County Golf Association inter-club foursomes event at Ramsey GC.
Brampton Park triumphed against Gog Magog at the semi-final stage with Lynda Hall and Kay Osborne prevailing 3 & 2, while Mo Poole and Karen Large were 4 & 3 victors.
That set up a showpiece clash against The Links in which Hall and Osborne were beaten 1 up before Poole and Large won 3 & 2.
The deciding match involving Norman and Fay Allison was all-sqaure coming to the 18th, but their opponents found water off the tee before the Brampton duo ended up in the thick rough after chipping beyond the green.
You may also want to watch:
But Allison played a smart recovery shot before Norman buried the vital putt from three feet to secure the title for Brampton Park, who went one better than when being runners-up in 2016.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 3 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 4 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 8 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal