GOLF: Countback required to settle the Ladies Invitation Day at St Ives (Hunts) while Angela grabs Grannies’ Trophy honours
- Credit: Archant
Lady golfers from St Ives (Hunts) hosted their friends from other clubs in the annual Ladies Invitation Day.
A total of 36 players dodged the rain and braved blustery conditions as they took to the Needingworth Road course in the waltz competition – and it could hardly have been closer.
The winners, with 73 Stableford points on countback, were Mel Owers, Nicky Cope, Nicky Hastings and Lynn King.
Runners up also, with 73 points, were Celia Greenaway, Liz Miller, Claire Pendle and Trina Miller, while Liz Bishop, Kim Pilmer, Sue Kent and Sally Pinnock took third spot with the same score.
The Grannies’ Trophy is always a keenly contested Stableford competition in the club calendar.
You may also want to watch:
Angela Boon got her hands on the prize for the first time with a total of 33 points, two more than runner-up Celia Greenaway who pipped Di Cook to that position on countback.
Ladies captain Trish Whittamore (net 71) took victory in the Silver Division of the August Medal.
- 1 Emergency services close St Neots road after medical emergency
- 2 House application rejected as loss of St Neots pub would be 'harmful'
- 3 Memorial stone for Cambridge student laid hidden in undergrowth for 80 years
- 4 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 5 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 6 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 7 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
- 8 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 Haul of weapons including a knuckleduster seized from Little Paxton home
Marie Woodall (net 70) and Nicky Cope (net 79) took the Bronze A Division and Bronze B Division crowns respectively.