GOLF: Adam Pike pockets his biggest prize to date
- Credit: Archant
Brampton Park professional Adam Pike enjoyed the biggest pay-day of his career thanks to holing a monster putt on the final green of the Weston Homes East Herts Fourball Better Ball tournament.
Pike sank a 30-footer for birdie to boost his spoils from the professionals-only event and the team competition, which ran alongside it.
The 28 year-old ended up tied for second against his fellow professionals, finishing on a two-under total of 140 – one shot behind ex-European Tour star Ray Russell.
That earned him £700, but the putt on 18 took him and four-handicap playing partner Paul Farrance to victory in the team tournament, securing Pike a further £1,000.
Pike is up to eighth on the Order of Merit in his first season playing the PGA in England (East) circuit.
You may also want to watch:
A top-three finish at the final event - the East Anglian Open at The Rayleigh Club – next month would earn him a place in the national PGA Play-Offs.
Pike said: “My goal was to get into the top-25, so I didn’t have to qualify next year. It’s nice to have put myself in this position in my first year.”
- 1 24 Hours in Police Custody: This is what happened to Alex Fitzpatrick
- 2 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 St Neots man loses 7 stone and raises £500 for charity
- 6 Market demand leads to a reduction in Alconbury homes
- 7 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse