Godmanchester unbeaten in four
GODMANCHESTER Rovers made it three wins and a draw from their last four outings with a 2-1 win at Halstead.
Ridgeons First Division
Halstead 1 Godmanchester Rovers 2
GODMANCHESTER Rovers made it three wins and a draw from their last four outings with victory at Halstead.
Manager David Hurst praised his team as they hauled themselves up to mid-table following a goal apiece from strikers Paul Bass and James Hall.
You may also want to watch:
Bass put Rovers ahead after 12 minutes, touching home at the far post. Halstead equalised from range before the break, but Hall wrapped up the win.
Hurst said: “We’ve tightened up at the back and the whole team are beginning to play more as a unit than earlier in the campaign.
- 1 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 2 Award for teenager's bravery after losing his sight
- 3 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 4 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 5 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 9 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“New signings Ryan Spencer and Aaron Mackay have added much-needed depth to my squad and to get Dan Metson back from injury is icing on the cake.”
The returning Metson was in impressive form after his injury, and almost ran the show against Halstead.
The improving partnership between Bass and Hall, who have seven and five league goals for the season respectively, was another plus point for Goddy fans. Once again they combined to give Rovers a win more comfortable than the score would suggest.
“We offered up too many chances to our opponents early in the season and were made to pay,” added Hurst. “But if we continue to play in this mood we will be difficult to beat.”
n Rovers journeyed to Mildenhall last night (Tuesday) in the League Cup and entertain Cornard at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday 3pm.