Godmanchester Rovers out to rise to the Challenge of reaching cup final tonight
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers are bidding to claim a slice of revenge by reaching the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup final tonight.
Rovers travel to Mildenhall Town – their FA Vase conquerors earlier in the season – for a semi-final clash, 7.45pm.
“We have the chance of avenge one of the biggest disappointments of our season,” said Rovers boss Matt Clements.
“We have a few absences tonight, and we are also carrying a few knocks, but we will field our strongest possible side and do all we can to reach the final.
“It would be great for everyone at the club if we could make it through to a final and potentially lift a trophy.”
You may also want to watch:
Rovers are without centre-back Charlie Bowen, full-back Jonny Hall and wideman Tom Spark while midfielder Simon Unwin is rated 50/50 by Clements after picking up a knock last Saturday.
Rovers have won their last 10 Premier Division games to emerge as title contenders.
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 St Neots schoolgirl takes on bike ride for Children in Need
- 7 Former Stevenage midfielder is the new manager of Eynesbury Rovers
- 8 Reflect on the 'rich tints of Autumn' at open gardens this weekend
- 9 Appeal for foster parents to come forward
- 10 Axe-wielding burglar smashed way into St Neots house