NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Draws for the early rounds of the FA Cup and FA Vase made
- Credit: Archant
Godmanchester Rovers have been handed a tough test in the opening round of the FA Cup.
Ollie Drake’s side face a home clash against Newport Pagnell Town in the extra preliminary round on August 11.
Rovers finished fourth in the Thurlow Nunn League Premier Division last season while Pagnell took third spot in the United Counties League Premier Division.
Eynesbury face lower-level opposition in the same round. Mark Ducket’s men go to Raunds Town, who are now managed by former Huntingdon boss Bob Warby.
The winners of extra preliminary round ties earn £2,250 with the losing side collecting £750.
Rovers or Pagnell will then visit Thetford or Fakenham in the preliminary round with Raunds or Eynesbury going to either Histon or Peterborough Northern Star.
Preliminary round winners collect £2,890 with £960 going to the beaten team.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 4 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 9 Family pay tribute to brothers, 13 and 17, killed in horror BMW crash
- 10 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
Extra preliminary round (to be played on August 11): Raunds Tn v Eynesbury Rovers, Godmanchester Rovers v Newport Pagnell Tn.
Preliminary round (to be played on August 25): Histon/Peterborough Northern Star v Raunds Tn/Eynesbury Rovers; Thetford Tn/Fakenham Tn v Godmanchester Rovers/Newport Pagnell Tn.
Eynesbury Rovers and Huntingdon Town enter the FA Vase at the opening stage.
Rovers go to fellow Step 5 side Woodbridge Town in the first qualifying round while Huntingdon Town host higher-level outfit Wroxham.
The winning side will earn £550 with £175 going to the losers.
Huntingdon or Wroxham will then go on to entertain Mulbarton Wanderers in the second qualifying round when Woodbridge or Eynesbury will host Pinchbeck United.
The prize money is £725 for victorious teams and £250 for losing sides at that stage.
Godmanchester Rovers enter in a later round.
First qualifying round (to be played on September 1): Huntingdon Tn v Wroxham, Woodbridge Tn v Eynesbury Rovers.
Second qualifying round (to be played on September 15): Huntingdon Tn/Wroxham v Mulbarton Wanderers, Woodbridge Tn/Eynesbury Rovers v Pinchbeck Utd.
The two leading teams in the area – St Neots Town and St Ives Town – don’t enter the FA Cup or the FA Trophy until later rounds.