Godmanchester Rovers 1 Diss Town 2
GODMANCHESTER Rovers suffered a 2-1 defeat to Diss Town at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday. Rovers went in one-nil ahead at the interval courtesy of a Lee Boon goal. Diss Town equalised half way through the second half with a deflected goal before they were
GODMANCHESTER Rovers suffered a 2-1 defeat to Diss Town at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday.
Rovers went in one-nil ahead at the interval courtesy of a Lee Boon goal.
Diss Town equalised half way through the second half with a deflected goal before they were awarded a late penalty that was duly converted to ensure they took the points home.
Rovers' manager Karl Hurst said he was "disappointed" with the result.
He said: "We had done enough to at least get a draw. For an hour we played really well but in the last half hour we just fell apart.
"We made enough chances and at half time we deserved our one goal lead and probably should've been further ahead.
- 1 New business celebrates its grand opening in St Ives
- 2 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 3 Council calls for return to mask wearing as Covid soars
- 4 Huntingdon is 'prime example' of good infrastructure in region
- 5 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 6 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 7 Singing group will celebrate its silver jubilee with a concert
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Hunts history festival kicked off with a bang!
- 10 St Ivo Dance alumnae stars in Britain's Got Talent, the West End and Comic Relief
"Their keeper made a great save from James Edwards, finger tipping his shot on to the post. We then missed another great chance when a toe-poke went wide. We should have had more to show than one goal.
"They equalised with a shot that deflected over Ally Macnally, and then they broke after we had a series of corners and our keeper dashed out and was sent off for being the last man.
"Ash Richards then put in a rash challenge and gave away a penalty which let them win the game at the end. It was a penalty but I'm disappointed in terms of how we gave it away.
"I think we deserved more out of the game. We are very close to taking these quite good performances and turning them into very good performances.