Godmanchester Rovers 1 Diss Town 2
GODMANCHESTER Rovers suffered a 2-1 defeat to Diss Town at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday. Rovers went in one-nil ahead at the interval courtesy of a Lee Boon goal. Diss Town equalised half way through the second half with a deflected goal before they were
GODMANCHESTER Rovers suffered a 2-1 defeat to Diss Town at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday.
Rovers went in one-nil ahead at the interval courtesy of a Lee Boon goal.
Diss Town equalised half way through the second half with a deflected goal before they were awarded a late penalty that was duly converted to ensure they took the points home.
Rovers' manager Karl Hurst said he was "disappointed" with the result.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We had done enough to at least get a draw. For an hour we played really well but in the last half hour we just fell apart.
"We made enough chances and at half time we deserved our one goal lead and probably should've been further ahead.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 9 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 10 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
"Their keeper made a great save from James Edwards, finger tipping his shot on to the post. We then missed another great chance when a toe-poke went wide. We should have had more to show than one goal.
"They equalised with a shot that deflected over Ally Macnally, and then they broke after we had a series of corners and our keeper dashed out and was sent off for being the last man.
"Ash Richards then put in a rash challenge and gave away a penalty which let them win the game at the end. It was a penalty but I'm disappointed in terms of how we gave it away.
"I think we deserved more out of the game. We are very close to taking these quite good performances and turning them into very good performances.