Goddy left struggling after Cornard defeat
Ridgeons First Division --- Godmanchester Rovers 0-3 Cornard United --- ROVERS went down to a disappointing home defeat against a Cornard United team that had taken just one point in their last eight games. Cornard s win – their first since they beat Rov
Ridgeons First Division ---
Godmanchester Rovers 0-3 Cornard United ---
ROVERS went down to a disappointing home defeat against a Cornard United team that had taken just one point in their last eight games.
Cornard's win - their first since they beat Rovers 1-0 at home in September - means that Goddy are themselves without a league win in eight games.
You may also want to watch:
Co-manager David Hurst said his side had failed to perform: "In a very dull match, we were very poor. The whole team put in a below-par performance, particularly in the first 45 minutes."
"We expected some fight in the second half but nothing materialised and we hardly bothered their keeper. Both sides were poor but they took the chances we afforded them."
- 1 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 4 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 5 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 8 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 9 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Rovers fell behind on 20 minutes when a feeble attempt at the offside trap by the home defence was exploited to the full by the Cornard forward who had little trouble beating Rovers keeper Connor Jordan to open the scoring. Minutes before the break it was two as a long punt upfield cleared a hesitant defence and Cornard's lively front runner burst through to score.
A largely uneventful second half saw few goalmouth incidents until five minutes from time when Cornard gleefully accepted Jordan's fumble to poke the ball into the net.