Goddy go through; Huntingdon hit back; Saints in stalemate
- Credit: Archant
Mike Hyem hit a last-gasp winner as Godmanchester Rovers made dramatic progress into the semi-finals of the Thurlow Nunn League Challenge Cup last night (Tuesday).
Rovers triumphed 4-3 at a Stanway side who have reached the last 16 of the FA Vase.
Defensive debutant Charlie Kennedy (a player borrowed from the Barnet Academy set-up), top-scorer Tom Meechan and Tom Spark found the net before Hyem’s late strike.
Ian Edge continued a pleasing start to his reign as Huntingon manager with a fortunate, yet deserved, 1-1 draw at Peterborough Northern Star in the United Counties League Premier Division.
Town equalised with three minutes remaining as a wayward shot from substitute Andy Buckle hit team-mate Tom Mann and flew in.
You may also want to watch:
It was teenager Mann’s second goal in as many games since being snapped up by new boss Edge.
St Ives Town battled out a goalless Southern League Division One Central draw against Hanwell Town at ProEdge Westwood Road.
- 1 Station hub will "breathe new life" into Huntingdon
- 2 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Gym members raise funds for children with cancer
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Take a sneaky peak inside the new Di Rita's at No2 restaurant in St Ives
- 8 Huntingdon assistant land buyer wins graduate award from her peers
- 9 How well do you know Huntingdon?
- 10 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'