Go-karting: High energy action on the kart track
MORE than 250 kart drivers from across the UK and Belgium descended on the Hunts Kart Racing Club at Kimbolton this weekend. Karters from the ages of 13 up to 50 arrived at the circuit, near Stow Longa, to take part in the annual TKM Festival. There were
MORE than 250 kart drivers from across the UK and Belgium descended on the Hunts Kart Racing Club at Kimbolton this weekend.
Karters from the ages of 13 up to 50 arrived at the circuit, near Stow Longa, to take part in the annual TKM Festival. There were separate categories of competition for juniors, seniors, veterans and the politely-named 'heavies'.
Local racers were joined by teams from across England, Scotland, Ireland, Wales and four teams from Belgium for an extravaganza of high-tempo, high-octane action.
Approximately 3,000 people attended the circuit over the three days of competition to watch or take part in qualifying sessions, eight-lap heats and finals raced over 15 laps of the track.
Martin Chesterman, chairman of Hunts Kart Racing Club, said: "It was a fantastic weekend of racing and very successful despite the poor weather. We've been preparing for this weekend since February and there was a team of more than 50 people in place to make sure the day went smoothly.
"This event is the biggest of our year and I'm delighted to say there were no major crashes and a great time was had by all.
- 1 Nursery rated inadequate after inspectors said safety was 'compromised'
- 2 Woman who could barely walk is taking part in cycling event after shedding 19 stones
- 3 New Toolstation branch to open in Huntingdon
- 4 Bosses warn of 'choppy waters' ahead for health trust
- 5 New organic coffee shop opens in St Neots
- 6 RSPCA investigating 'welfare of beagles' at Huntingdon dog breeding unit
- 7 Find out what's happening in Huntingdonshire for the Queen's Jubilee?
- 8 Philip Pope named mayor of St Ives for a second time
- 9 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 10 Pupils enjoy early jubilee celebration with all things royal
"The event has been growing year-on-year and it's great to see our track here at Kimbolton firmly established as the premier kart circuit in East Anglia."
Anyone interested in participating, marshalling or spectating at Hunts Kart Racing Club can visit www.hkrc.co.uk for more information.