GIRLS FOOTBALL: Power to the people of St Ives Rangers
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rangers Under 14s swept to more success in the FA People’s Cup last Saturday.
The local talents triumphed in their regional semi-final of the Under 14 girls category at the Star City complex, in Birmingham.
They won all four of their outings in the five-a-side tournament, slamming in 24 goals along the way and conceding just six.
Zoe Barratt was the most prolific St Ives player as she found the net 11 times. Molly Sutherland struck eight times and Aimee Best netted on five occasions.
Rangers’ reward is a place in the national finals, also being held in Birmingham, on April 30.
St Ives Rangers Under 14s: Poppy Dunmore, Aimee Best, Ellen Bullin, Molly Sutherland, Zoe Barratt and Abby Townsend (currently injured).
- 1 Historic Huntingdon building on the market for nearly £500k
- 2 Fatal crash blocks A1M in Cambridgeshire
- 3 'Our inspiration' - Baby born four months early survives fight for life
- 4 Dashcam appeal after three die in three-vehicle A1 crash
- 5 Garage demolition opponents set up Facebook group
- 6 Old Bailey trial begins of Rikki Neave murder suspect
- 7 Buckfest named as Cambridgeshire's best festival
- 8 Serious case review launched into death of Teddie Mitchell
- 9 Universal credit households to receive £20 for rising living costs
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products