GIRLS FOOTBALL: Power to the people of St Ives Rangers
- Credit: Archant
St Ives Rangers Under 14s swept to more success in the FA People’s Cup last Saturday.
The local talents triumphed in their regional semi-final of the Under 14 girls category at the Star City complex, in Birmingham.
They won all four of their outings in the five-a-side tournament, slamming in 24 goals along the way and conceding just six.
Zoe Barratt was the most prolific St Ives player as she found the net 11 times. Molly Sutherland struck eight times and Aimee Best netted on five occasions.
Rangers’ reward is a place in the national finals, also being held in Birmingham, on April 30.
You may also want to watch:
St Ives Rangers Under 14s: Poppy Dunmore, Aimee Best, Ellen Bullin, Molly Sutherland, Zoe Barratt and Abby Townsend (currently injured).
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 3 Elsie May's Electric Lounge to raise £15,000 for bakery school
- 4 Huntingdonshire parks awarded Green Flag status
- 5 Visiting restrictions at Hinchingbrooke Hospital partially lifted
- 6 Volunteers needed to support booster jabs programme
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Cambridgeshire MP pays tribute to 'very, very good friend' Sir David Amess
- 9 Appeal to Transport Secretary over Huntingdon Rail Station plan
- 10 'Plague' of flies in Huntingdonshire villages