Ging’s goal earns Hemingfords a first Premier Division success
- Credit: Archant
Andrew Ging fired Hemingfords to their first Kershaw Premier Division win of the season last Saturday.
Ging grabbed the only goal as the newly-promoted local lads triumphed at Gamlingay to boost their Cambs League top-flight survival hopes.
Fellow strugglers Brampton also picked up three valuable points after emerging victorious from a seven-goal thriller at Sawston. Harvey Millier hit the winner after being picked out by a Gareth Owens corner. Owens had earlier got his name on the scoresheet along with Danny Cain, who struck twice.
Godmanchester Rovers Reserves continued their fine start in Senior B Division. Farris Alston and Jake Burton hit the goals in a 2-0 triumph over Hardwick Reserves which lifted them into third place.
Needingworth are in the top six at the same level despite having to settle for a point following a topsy-turvy tussle at Comberton which ended 3-3.
The locals recovered from a two-goal deficit to hit the front courtesy of Ryan Potts, Dan Sherlock and Matt Cox only to be undone by a late leveller.
Needingworth Reserves were one of two local teams to roar into double-figures last Saturday. James Hodson slammed in six of the goals as they bashed Chatteris Town B 10-1 in Division Five B. Former Hemingfords boss Brett Swales also featured among their scorers.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 3 Pictures show dramatic skies over Huntingdonshire and the Fens
- 4 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 5 Huntingdon thief jailed after stealing watch, iPod and iPhone from vehicles
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 Silent protest at Camp Beagle as vans leave the site
- 8 Work starts on affordable 56-home development in Huntingdon
- 9 Food delivery robots taking to streets of Cambridgeshire
- 10 East West Rail host public event to discuss controversial project
Stephen Hastings, Lloyd Howard, Bozo Saso and Charlie Smith all struck twice as Houghton & Wyton thumped Bluntisham Rangers Reserves 10-0 in Division 2B.
Kieran Heaford hit a late leveller to earn Fenstanton a 4-4 draw against Isleham United at the same level.
AFC Barley Mow are still to drop a point in Saturday football. They earned a fourth successive triumph in their debut Division Three season by beating Lakenheath Casuals 5-0.
Jake Waterworth hit the pick of the goals with a 20-yard half-volley while Josh Turner, Adam Lacey, player-boss Sean Sweeney and Jack Cleghorn also struck.
Two local teams shared four goals in Division 1B as Alconbury and Eaton Socon battled a draw. Paul Carey and Matt Claxton scored for hosts Alconbury with Joshua Davis and Connor Heaps netting for Socon.