Gibbs goals ends cup quest for Alconbury
Peterborough FA Senior Cup final Alconbury 2 Moulton Harrox 1 (AET) TWO goals in extra time from Karl Gibbs earned Alconbury a 2-1 win against Lincolnshire outfit Moulton Harrox. Gibbs scored after 97 and 101 minutes to secure the win, though Moulton s Ia
Peterborough FA Senior Cup final
Alconbury 2 Moulton Harrox 1 (AET)
TWO goals in extra time from Karl Gibbs earned Alconbury a 2-1 win against Lincolnshire outfit Moulton Harrox.
Gibbs scored after 97 and 101 minutes to secure the win, though Moulton's Ian Bent reduced the arrears with 10 minutes remaining.
You may also want to watch:
Nearly 500 supporters attended the match, held at Peterborough United's London Road ground, to see Moulton finish runners up for the fourth successive year.
CAMBOURNE Rovers are into the semi-finals of the Bambridge Cup after defeating Great Chishill in the quarter final.
- 1 Numerous Huntingdon High Street shops shut due to flooding
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man who burgled his own father’s home is sentenced
- 4 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Axe seized and two people charged for drink driving in St Ives
- 7 'Trolley waits' hit high for trust that oversees Hinchingbrooke Hospital
- 8 Man charged after knife found in St Neots police raid
- 9 Diners at St Ives pub help raise £8k for hospitality charity
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
Rovers scored first through Trevor Symonds, before Chishill pulled a goal back. Ian Geal and another from Symonds gave Rovers a 3-1 half-time lead.
Chishill scored a consolation after the interval but Rovers held on and will meet Duxford United in the semi-final on Saturday.
Symonds' brace means the young striker has broken the 50-goal barrier for the season. Cambourne are hopeful of retaining his services next season, despite interest from higher up the league pyramid.
Rovers ended their BIS Division 2A campaign with a 4-0 win against Mott MacDonald and a battling 3-3 draw with Melbourn.
GODMANCHESTER Rovers have avoided finishing bottom of the Ridgeons League Division One.
After propping up the league for much of the season, two late-season wins against fellow strugglers March Town United boosted Goddy's fortunes.
The team ended their season with a 2-2 draw against Tiptree United at Bearscroft Lane on Saturday.
n Final league table - page 132.
FENSTANTON Reserves have been crowned champions of BIS Division 5B after defeating Longstanton Reserves 4-2 at Hall Green Lane.
Fenny began well with Roberto Mariconda finding the target early on and Matt Wilson doubling the advantage soon after.
Longstanton pulled level with goals either side of half time but Andy Wilshire scored a double to secure the title on goal difference from Outwell.